The rules are to list 10 things that make me happy...
Only 10? Okay, here goes:
- My family. I love hanging out with them; it's like being in a the middle of an extremely loud concert, pure craziness and energy and love. They rock!
- My dog. He's always so loving and warm and comforting, and he always seems to know how I'm feeling and reacts appropriately.
- Chocolate milk. There have only been 1 or 2 days in my entire life that chocolate milk couldn't improve.
- Baking. I love baking! I don't even have to eat what I bake. The act of baking is so methodical and rhythmic that it becomes cathartic.
- Rainy days. I live in a place where it's sunny almost all year round so I cherish rainy days for the cooler temperatures and the neat change in the air before a storm hits that we don't get to feel very often around here.
- Music. When I hear an old piece of music that I used to listen to, it brings back memories of the time and place in my life when I listened to it. Music cheers me up, gets me pumped to work out and keeps me calm during rush hour traffic.
- Books. And reading. This is a book blog so obviously I love to read, but I don't think that even begins to cover it. I have so many books, I've run out of room, and that doesn't even count the ones in storage. It's crazy. Spending an afternoon with a book on a rainy day is one of my favorite pastimes. Books have taught me so much about the world and allowed my imagination to run free, a short, blissful escape from the real world.
- Writing. I used to write a lot, but I wasn't happy with anything I wrote so I threw it all out. Recently, I started writing again (just finished a 1st draft); I've found that, this time, I'm happy with my work and I'm happy when I'm writing. Sometimes I can't wait for the day to draw to a close so I can spend some time with my characters and their adventures.
- Bargain-hunting. Yes, saving money makes me happy! I love walking up to a cashier with a stack of coupons and watching the look on their face as the miniscule final total pops up. Ah, satisfaction for a savvy shopper.
- Doing nothing. Sometimes it's nice to do, well, nothing.
The Humane Award
According to my presenter, this is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive and inspiring blogs. Wow. I hope I can live up to all of that!
The Splashy Award
The Splashy Award
Put the logo on your blog/post.
Nominate/link up to 9 blogs that you pick for this award.
Let them know that they have been splashed.
Remember to link the person that nominated and awarded you.
Since my blog is fledgling, I thought I'd pass these on solely to other small(er) blogs to spread the love. I enjoy discovering little blogs and supporting them while they grow so if you know of any more that deserve some attention, let me know!
~ *Loves to Read*~
The Depths of Words
Edifying & Edgy