- How old are you? 18
- If the house burned down, what one thing would you want to take with you? My memento box.
- Describe your hands. Small, pale, knobby. Powerful.
- Describe your nightstand, dresser, or bathroom counter. What’s on top of it? In it? Nightstand: current reading pile, alarm clock, glass of water.
- What is your favorite food? Cheesecake.
- Describe your economic/political status. Poor. Refugee (more like witness protection).
- Where do you have a scar or birthmark? Describe circumstances surrounding your scars. No scars, no birthmarks. The healers took care of the former. I also never took my family's markings.
- What is the last book you read? What did you think of it? Pride and Prejudice. It's my go-to for when I'm feeling sad. It cheered me up, and I'm hopelessly in love with Mr. Darcy.
- Do you have an embarrassing habit? Running away. Anytime there's conflict, I'm out the door.
- Give one vivid memory of a parent or parental figure. My father screaming at me when I was 7 for not evacuating the mansion quickly enough. And then there was the instance of my mom drugging me, but that's a little fuzzy...
- What is a dream (in sleep) you often have? I dream about my ancestors and what started the feud between my family and Dee's.
- Do you have a lifelong dream or aspiration? To end the war. I used to want to fight, but now I just want it all to be over.
- How do you go to sleep, and how do you wake up? (i.e. position in bed, etc.) Curled into a ball, facing the door so that if anyone walks in, I can zap them. I wake up in the exact same position, as trained.
- What is the last thing you wrote? A business letter for my job as a receptionist.
- What grosses you out? Sewage.
- Who is the person you like the least? Why? Jay, because he betrayed my family and me.
- Tell me about the last time you cried. I was in the orchard, mad at myself for being in love with Jay and rejecting him anyway. I just knew he hated me.
- What is something you feel guilty about? Trusting Jay for so long, being so naive.
- Describe what you do when you look in a mirror. Look away as soon as possible. I hate my eyes and my hair.
- Describe yourself sitting in your favorite spot. I sit with my back against an old tree, looking out over the valley with lazily half-opened eyes. The nearby town seems very small and far away. I can just barely make out the people moving around in it, going about their lives without ever noticing me watching them.
- Tell me about a very treasured item. My memento box has my graduation gift from my best friend, Chi, and my great-some-odd grandmother's necklace. It used to have Jay's madstone, but I smashed it.
- Do you have a nervous tic or habit? I grit my teeth a lot.
- Tell me about your siblings…if you have them. No siblings, but I am really close to my cousin, Bee. He protected me when no one else would.
- What is your favorite sound? Silence.
- What is your favorite smell? Fresh-baked cookies.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Getting to Know: Zee
I found this on QueryTracker and thought I'd showcase some of the characters from Novel #1 in an attempt to make sure they're different enough from one another. Names have been changed to protect the privacy of the characters, per their requests.