Monday, March 29, 2010

Getting to Know: Zee

I found this on QueryTracker and thought I'd showcase some of the characters from Novel #1 in an attempt to make sure they're different enough from one another. Names have been changed to protect the privacy of the characters, per their requests.
  1. How old are you?  18
  2. If the house burned down, what one thing would you want to take with you?  My memento box.
  3. Describe your hands.  Small, pale, knobby. Powerful.
  4. Describe your nightstand, dresser, or bathroom counter. What’s on top of it? In it?  Nightstand:  current reading pile, alarm clock, glass of water.
  5. What is your favorite food?  Cheesecake.
  6. Describe your economic/political status.  Poor. Refugee (more like witness protection).
  7. Where do you have a scar or birthmark? Describe circumstances surrounding your scars. No scars, no birthmarks. The healers took care of the former. I also never took my family's markings.
  8. What is the last book you read? What did you think of it?  Pride and Prejudice. It's my go-to for when I'm feeling sad. It cheered me up, and I'm hopelessly in love with Mr. Darcy.
  9. Do you have an embarrassing habit?  Running away. Anytime there's conflict, I'm out the door.
  10. Give one vivid memory of a parent or parental figure. My father screaming at me when I was 7 for not evacuating the mansion quickly enough. And then there was the instance of my mom drugging me, but that's a little fuzzy...
  11. What is a dream (in sleep) you often have?  I dream about my ancestors and what started the feud between my family and Dee's.
  12. Do you have a lifelong dream or aspiration?  To end the war. I used to want to fight, but now I just want it all to be over.
  13. How do you go to sleep, and how do you wake up? (i.e. position in bed, etc.)  Curled into a ball, facing the door so that if anyone walks in, I can zap them. I wake up in the exact same position, as trained.
  14. What is the last thing you wrote?  A business letter for my job as a receptionist.
  15. What grosses you out?  Sewage.
  16. Who is the person you like the least? Why?  Jay, because he betrayed my family and me.
  17. Tell me about the last time you cried.  I was in the orchard, mad at myself for being in love with Jay and rejecting him anyway. I just knew he hated me.
  18. What is something you feel guilty about?  Trusting Jay for so long, being so naive.
  19. Describe what you do when you look in a mirror. Look away as soon as possible. I hate my eyes and my hair.
  20. Describe yourself sitting in your favorite spot. I sit with my back against an old tree, looking out over the valley with lazily half-opened eyes. The nearby town seems very small and far away. I can just barely make out the people moving around in it, going about their lives without ever noticing me watching them.
  21. Tell me about a very treasured item. My memento box has my graduation gift from my best friend, Chi, and my great-some-odd grandmother's necklace. It used to have Jay's madstone, but I smashed it.
  22. Do you have a nervous tic or habit? I grit my teeth a lot.
  23. Tell me about your siblings…if you have them. No siblings, but I am really close to my cousin, Bee. He protected me when no one else would.
  24. What is your favorite sound? Silence.
  25. What is your favorite smell?  Fresh-baked cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment