Monday, April 26, 2010

Book Questionnaire

I grabbed this from Brooke Reviews, who got it from Gail Carriger's blog. I thought it would be a fun way to give you a better idea of my taste in books.

Rules of this survey - no two answers can be the same book, all books must be fiction.
  1. Book next to your bed right now:  The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness and English Trifle by Josi S. Kilpack (for review)
  2. Favorite series:  The Mediator by Meg Cabot...or maybe the Heather Wells mysteries by Meg Cabot...or the Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
  3. Favorite book:  I Sing the Body Electric! by Ray Bradbury
  4. The one book you would have with you if stranded on a desert island:  Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (this is my favorite book too, but I'm not supposed to repeat)
  5. Book/series you would take with you on a long flight:  Harry Potter 1-7 by JK Rowling, especially book 7 because I've been reading it for over a year now. Even though I like it, I just can't get into it.
  6. Worst book you were made to read in school: There was one in college about getting stuck in a clothes rack...but in high school, definitely The Republic by Plato. It took me a whole summer to get through and even after weeks of class discussion, I'm not sure what it was about.
  7. Book that everyone should be made to read in school:  Fahrenheit 451 (I don't really like it, but it's got a great message and introduced me to Bradbury) or Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
  8. Book that everyone should read, period:  The Awakening by Kate Chopin
  9. Favorite character:   Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice
  10. Best villain:  Circe from the Gemma Doyle trilogy
  11. Favorite concept series:  I've been on a dystopian/steampunk kick lately...
  12. Favorite invented worldthe London of Soulless--vampires, werewolves and parasols
  13. Most beautifully written bookHeavenly by Jennifer Laurens or The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
  14. Funniest book:  The Year my Life Went Down the Loo by Katie Maxwell
Which of the above questions was hardest to answer? 10 and 13 (and, of course, 3 and 4 were a toss-up)

4 comments:

  1. i'm so curious to check out Circe.

    btw: you've been awarded ;-D
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2010/02/most-amazing-follower-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay you just made me add several more "must read" books to my list! I might have to do a post similar to this. Thanks! And all the book giveaways are great. Where do you FIND all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty much all of them would be hard for me to answer. Although I do know my favorite book.

    ReplyDelete