Friday, April 9, 2010

The Friday 56: The Devil Wears Prada

Closest Book:  The Devil Wears Prada

Author:  Lauren Weisberger
Page 56, sentence 5:  " 'Um, Dad? Hi, it's Andy. Guess where I am now? Yes, of course I'm at work, but that happens to be in the backseat of a chauffeured car cruising around Manhattan.' "








Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
*Post a link along with your post back to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

3 comments:

  1. That's a kicker line you have posted. I loved The Devil wears Prada but I didn't like her other book everyone worth knowing all that much ...it was bit too sex and the city for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book. It's very different from the movie but still very enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little excerpt! I haven't read the book but I have seen the movie version. It was really cute so I'm interested in reading the book.

    ReplyDelete