Thursday, April 29, 2010

Great News and Some Regular, Old, Everyday News

I GOT A JOB!!! Yes, finally! (And it's an *awesome* one!) I've been looking for a while, so this is a huge blessing. My time off was well spent though, blogging and writing and meeting all you great people (virtually, at least).

So what this means is...well, do you want the good news or the regular, old, everyday news first? I always like the less fun news first so let's do that.

In the next few weeks, I'm going to be busy shopping, finding an apartment, moving, etc. so there's not going to be a whole lot of time to read or review. Please stick with me! It's temporary, I promise. I love this too much to give it up. I have a lot (A. LOT.) of reviews in queue so you may not even notice I'm gone, but my meme participation and commenting will probably be slow/nonexistent. But I WILL be back!

Great news! I want to have a giveaway, well, two, actually. I have a whole bunch of ARCs that I don't want to move so I'm going to try to have a contest for those (hopefully before I move*), and then once I get settled in, I want to have a giveaway to say thanks to everyone for entertaining me and just being around in the blogging community. I haven't worked out the logistics (times, entry, countries, etc.) yet, but when I know a little more about the job situation and my start date, I'll figure that out. I can't wait to finally begin to repay the blogging community for their kindness in providing books to win while I couldn't buy any!

I touched on this in my 3-month blogoversary post, but I want to say it again:  You guys rock! Thank you all so much for being there when I thought the stress was going to drive me crazy. You didn't know it, but you helped me through some tough times and gave me hope for better days, just by being you. :-)

*Okay, I found out my start date, and there's no way I'm going to have time to add entries, let alone make it to the post office. It'll have to be after I settle in. :-)

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job!!! That is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Get yourself settled! Don't forget to relax and breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new job! I hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, everyone! Y'all are super awesome. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Congrats on the job! And don't worry, we'll stick around while your moving. Heck, we'd stick around for just about anything!

    The giveaway sounds amazing. I'm looking forward to it!

    -Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! New job, new home, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new job! Especially because you said it was and awesome one.

    Also, looking forward to the contest!

    ReplyDelete