Sunday, April 4, 2010

No Longer New!

Oh. My. Goodness.

Lovely peeps, I am OFFICIALLY no longer a newbie blogger! That's right! My blog is now *3* months old, and I have well over 50 followers, thanks to all of you!

If you read my welcome post, I mentioned that I started this blog as a place to post reviews of books that I won and then those reviews looked a little sad so I added some more and...Well, here I am, 3 months later, with a ton of reviews under my belt and many more planned.

I've learned how to use a photo editing program to make my header; I've coded XML for the sidebars and buttons; I've learned how to actually comment on other people's blogs. Oh, yes, this, my friends, is progress.

That's still something I'm working on--commenting--but believe me, I read *your* blogs, even if I don't comment. I worried for a long time that people would think my comments were a waste of time, but then I realized how much joy I get from people stopping by to say "Hey, I loved that book too!" or "Yeah, that's on my TBR."

More importantly than familiarizing myself with social networking and graphic design, I've rediscovered the joy of reading. It never truly went away, but for a time, with nothing to drive me, I watched movies or read a magazine instead. Now I'm writing like mad and filling all my spare time with books, and I'm loving every minute of it.

So anyway, thank you all so much! Blogging is so much more fun when I know there are people out there reading what I write, and I hope that you get something out of my reviews and writing posts and that they're helpful and enjoyable.

I raise my glass of Dr Pepper to you in salutation and toast to the next 3 months, that they may be as educational, enlightening and entertaining.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 3 month anniversary! May you have many more. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your three months. I've just started, and I'm having a lot of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...Dr. Pepper. Hehehe. Congratulations on three months as a blogger! It is a fabulous feeling to know people love to read what you write is it not? :D Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job - 3 months! I love your blog and your header is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 3 months!! And here's to many many many more :)

    ReplyDelete