Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wannabe Writers #18

Wannabe Writers is a meme created by Sarah of Confessions of the Un-published!

One of my goals right now is to move my literary ambitions out of the box and onto the shelf, by which I mean that I no longer want to ignore  how   much I enjoy writing. I love the idea of this meme, and I'll quote from Sarah's post here:

I often find myself searching the web for information during my struggles as a new writer.   So I wanted to start a place where us future young-adult authors can come together to  ask those questions, share our stories, and get feedback.


Where I am in the writing process:  Woo! I actually wrote three sentences last week! It was weird; the first one took a loooong time to get down on virtual paper.

My current problems:  Energy. By the time I get everything else done for the day and have a clear head, I'm really, really tired. 

Also, all of my novels seem to turn paranormal or sci-fi. It's absolutely impossible for me to write contemporary, realistic fiction. I don't know what the deal is! It's okay, I guess, since I love my paranormal, but I thought it was really strange when a ghost popped into Novel #3 (completely uninvited).

Question(s) this week:  I don't have a question this week, but I still wanted to keep the Wannabe Writer's going. Does anyone have a question that we could use this week?

No questions, except...how do you guys do it? Finding time to write was hard enough before, but now that I'm working full time (plus some), I just don't seem to have enough left in me at the end of the day to put my ideas into concrete words. What's your secret?

3 comments:

  1. I bring a composition book with me at all times and I will write every chance I get. I wrote most of my novel this way, placing it into the computer at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Days off = days writing. I'm blessed to have a regular schedule, with weekends off. Occasionally I will write during the week in notebooks while at work or something, but usually I brainstorm during the week, write on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you have to be a little obsessed to keep up with it. I'm like you tho. Lately I have no energy to write. The day ends and I'm so sick of all my story lines that I don't want to face them. I guess you just do what you have to keep up with it. I'm not really sure on this one.

    ReplyDelete