Friday, September 24, 2010

Book Blogger Hop 9/24

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Crazy for Books so that readers and bloggers can get to know each other a little better.
In Jennifer's words:
This is a weekly event where book bloggers and readers can connect to find new blogs to read.  It's a great way to network with other bloggers and make new friends!  Every day I seem to find another book blog that I start following. In the spirit of the Friday Follow, I thought it would be cool to do a Book Blogger Hop to give us all bookies a chance to connect and find new blogs that we may be missing out on!  It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed!
So head over to the Blog Hop and have some fun! Thanks for stopping by!

To answer this week's CRAZY question:

I wait until I've finished the whole book. Sometimes a book redeems itself in its last pages; sometimes it shoots itself in the foot. Now that I'm a book blogger, I also try to finish every book I start. I've only failed once. After finishing a book, I put it on my review shelf, and wait a few days to review it. I like to let the initial highs or lows fade a little because that can give the subtle nuances a chance to shine. It doesn't affect how I feel about the book, but it makes for a more balanced review.


How long do you wait before you review? Do you wait at all?

9 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right that the feeling can change after the initial feelings settle. If they're good, you've got a "post-bookie glow" as I like to call it, and that can make you see every other aspect of the story through rose colored glasses.

    If a book pissed you off beyond belief, it's easy to ONLY focus on the bad aspects and neglect any redeeming qualities.

    I guess, as with people, even with books you need to count to 10 before saying anything you'll regret.

    I'm stopping by from the hop. Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here!

    Yeah, sometimes books can turn it around, and it's good not to have pages and pages of rant when you end up liking it in the end!

    Check out my Hop here:
    Book Blogger Hop, Follow Friday and a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopping by to say hello! I am following and can’t wait to read more from your blog. Here is my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. First-time visitor...WOW...Beautiful Design. New Follower.

    Just hopping by....

    Stop by my blog if you get a chance for the answer to this week's questions…it was my question that was chosen…pretty neat.

    I also have a lot of review you may want to check out.

    Happy Hopping, Everyone....hop on over to my blog

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to share some Friday blog love! Have a great weekend!
    A Trillian Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by via the hop. I usually wait a few days before I review as well- I like to let the book "sink in"

    New follower- Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you via the Hop!

    I'm a new follower!

    Hope you will stop by.
    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm a new follower from the Blog Hop.
    Hop by mine and follow back!
    Hafsah
    IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have the coolest header and a great overall blog design. I love it! I am here from the Hop, and am already a follower. Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete